Changes to the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL).
Written By TSS Team
Wed, Jun 30, 2021
On 22 June 2021, the Minister for Immigration announced the addition of twenty-two new occupations to the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL).
Bringing the new list to a total of 41 occupations, Immigration has expanded the list beyond healthcare professionals and a few IT and Engineering specialisations.
Joining the list are Accountants and Auditors, which are especially needed during the upcoming taxation season in Australia. The occupation of 'Chef' has also been added, following the Government's recognition of critical skills needed in the hospitality sector back in May.
Further Engineering and IT occupations have been added, along with 'Cartographer' and 'Surveyor'; likely to assist with the number of infrastructure and construction projects in Australia.
Employer-sponsored applicants in the PMSOL occupations will be given priority processing for both nomination and visa applications in the following visa types:
- Subclass 482 - Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa
- Subclass 494 - Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
- Subclass 186 - Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa
- Subclass 187 - Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)
Applicants and existing employer-sponsored visa holders on the PMSOL can also request a travel exemption to enter Australia during the current border closures.
The full PMSOL as of 22 June 2021 includes:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Veterinarian (234711)
- Orthotist / Prosthetist (251912)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Social Worker (272511)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
- Chef (351311)
For advice and assistance to apply for a Subclass 482, 494, 186, or 187 TRT application in one of the PMSOL occupations, please do not hesitate to contact TSS Immigration.
Discuss the specifics of your migration situation and receive professional advice from one of our Registered Migration Agents
One of our migration agents will be in contact as soon as possible.